The manual approach used in the regulation of the school activities by the management board is very tedious and stressful. This research work investigated into the complications encountered due to the debilitation of man-power admitted into the school management with respect to how indepth it affects other operational system that conduct in school with a view of designing a computerized system to handle the work with less difficulty for an effective decision-making.
In the course of the study, an existing system was digested and its deficiencies were detected and emphatically analysed, after which solutions to the problems were proffered in the new designed computerized system that is reliable and more interactive. The new system terminates all the problems experienced with the existing system. The case study is Post-Primary School Management Board (PPSMB) Enugu.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
- Background of the study
- Aims/objective of the project
- Justification of the project
- Scope of the study
- Literature review
3.0 Overview of the existing system
3.1 Description and analysis of the existing system
- Method of data collection
3.2.1 Interview Method
3.2.2 Reference to written text
- Input analysis
- Process analysis
- Output analysis
3.6 Problems of the existing system
3.7 Justification for the new system
4.0 Design of the new system
4.1 Output specification and design
4.2 Input specification and design
- File design
- Procedure chart
4.5 System flowchart
4.6 System requirements
5.1 Program design
- Program flowchart
- Pseudo code
- Source listing
- Test run
- Recommendation and conclusion
- BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Education is an indispensable system on which the life of everyone is built and as well stimulates the entire life application. It could be referred to as a process designed for the acquisition and dissemination of skills and knowledge to the posterity of the nation. The identified system tends to be implemented in diverse dimensions basically in schools.
For the past ten years, it has been discovered that schools are not what they were as attributed to the wide ranging changes which have occurred and brought new pressure associated with increased size. On the account of this, an increasing complexity of organization has been instigated so that stresses and anxieties of choice have been added to those of dimension.
The competent educational administration constitute the intensity of education and its impediments mount a disturbing diffusion and obscuring of purpose and all these changes concede with a major recruiting of curriculum and methodology. In most cases, the manual method adopted in monitoring some school activities undermine other roles like enrolment of students, computation of student’s result, examination supervision and making of examination scripts.
With regard to the discrepancies created by the manual techniques of school administration, the school management board should devise a competitive means of achieving their set objective in a computerized educational administrative information system.
The basic aim of the study is to provide a lasting solution to the problems emanated from the manual means of school management. They are as follows:
- To produce a system which tends to increase the predictability of the organization by assessing critically its obsolescence in relation to fresh challenges.
- To produce a reliable system that would coordinate most of the school activities.
- To produce a flexible and comprehensive system that would meet up with the future development in the school.
- To design and develop a computerized system that would handle the execution of school activities most especially post-primary schools so as to liquidate all the problems identified with the existing system.
- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The sudden increase in the number of students enroll in each school has transcended the manipulation of the existing system used by the school administrators and this prompted a lot of problems which encompass the inaccurate computation of students result by the staffs on the account of non-availability of adequate number of computer systems for the computation. This is a very ugly development. Also, it was very complicated to observe when the enrolment of students should cease since there was no efficient system for the estimation of enrolment ratio to give a signal when the enrolment tends to move beyond the projection. All these and more are encountered due to the debilitation of the prevailing system used. It was very difficult to point out students who cheat in the course of examination as attributed to the non-standard measure used in the supervision of the examination. The staff complained seriously on the unnecessary stress encountered while marking the examination answer scripts manually.
- JUSTIFICATION OF THE STUDY
The implementation of this computerized system would definitely stimulate the school standard. This would as well help the management to ease the burden on the staff which would be on the benefit of students and staffs. It is also a basic study for research and for the entire populace and future researchers.
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study covered the substantive solution to the problems generated by the existing system used in the school administration and management. However, the case study is post-primary school management board (PPSMB) Enugu.
On account of time, she adopted only 2 procedures of capturing data for the study. Those 2 procedures encompass.
- A) INTERVIEW METHOD:- During the interview conducted in the post-primary school management board. The research interviewed the director of school supervisor on the nature of duty conducted in schools she had supervised with special reference to the examination coordination and supervision, enrolment ratio for the admission of students in school. The director of administration department was equally interrogated based on the obligation and dereliction of the management board towards the growth of education observed in schools with little assistance from some of the staffs. The response to the questions enabled the researcher to take off.
- B) REFERENCES TO WRITTEN DOCUMENT: – In spite of the interview took place in the PPSMB, the researcher extended her collection of data to the written document as a result of inadequacy from the responsiveness of the interview. The researcher had to visit Enugu State and National Library for more information and references from already written text on educational administration varying more emphasis on school administration and management. The information from this specified method made the successful completion of this study possible.
DISCLAIMER: All project works, files and documents posted on this website, iProjectMaterials.com are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and some of the works may be crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a reference/citation/guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own study. iProjectMaterials.com is a repository of research works where works are uploaded for research guidance. Our aim of providing this work is to help you eradicate the stress of going from one school library to another in search of research materials. This is a legal service because all tertiary institutions permit their students to read previous works, projects, books, articles, journals or papers while developing their own works. This is where the need for literature review comes in. “What a good artist understands is that nothing comes from nowhere. The paid subscription on iProjectMaterials.com is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here by any means, and you want it to be removed/credited, please contact us with the web address link to the work. We will reply to and honour every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 – 48 hours to process your request.