Table of Contents
School Management System is a large database which can be used for managing your school day to day activities. It allows users to store almost all of their schools information either online or offline depending on the software built, including student information, employees, properties and study materials e.t.c. most importantly, this information can be shared with authorized users, records can be searched and reports can be easily generated.
School management system is configurable and can be configured to meet certain individual school’s needs. It could make the school staffs life easier than ever. Using this system, finding student’s information’s is just less than a minute which might have cost several minute even more than a day. At the end of academic term form masters can easily prints student’s statements.
It is obvious that many secondary schools across the nation are facing difficulties in student’s evaluations due to problems stated below. To conquer such uncertainty, there is the need of an automated system.
This project intends to design a school management system but particularly the student’s evaluation module that will automate the manual existing system of basically first grade secondary schools.
Furthermore, it also intends to analyze the present system through an interview of the school principal and other teachers in other to have a clear picture of how the existing system works and to collect necessary information that would help me to set the project forward.
The current activities of the school uses manual system. This make the system tedious and time consumption. Due to lack of centralized data structure, there is difficulties in searching of students records and a lot of time is wasted during the manual operation of data. A job can take a whole day before being processed due to the existing manual system.Mistakes in recording marks in which the marks of a student can be place in another student marks sheet which is an obvious mistake.Cost of material and lots of papers are used, too many teachers are involved in the process. Using the manual system might cause easily loss of data, delay of report generation, possibility of duplicates. With the help of the automated system all the problems that are mention can be handle.
The aim of the project is to identify the problems inherent in the existing system of School Management System and to offer a remedy to the existing system. The main aim of the project is to provide an easy way not only to automate some functionalities but also to provide a functional reports in top management school with a finest details about student’s aspect
Some objectives of the system are as follows: –
- Records and report of student will be easily retrieved with increased in the data security.
- Reduction in bulkiness of files and records.
- Attraction of those schools that doesn’t have one good performing software for keeping their information secure and make their management easier.
- To ensure that the data is accessed by only authorized personnel.
- To provide every class form master with a very power tool to perform many duties within measurable time.
- To provide one interactive environment in which one can manipulate data and information about student.
This system focuses on student information, student evaluation module of the school but in other hand it has certain limitations such as:-
- The proposed system is not online so therefore it doesn’t support a centralized database whereby users can share and accessed data at the same time at any place from anywhere.
- There are no provisions for students in the system.
- Subject teachers can only evaluates students and submit the copy of the result to form masters for entry into the system.
- It can only be used by form masters/mistresses.
- Admission process is not include.
- It doesn’t include employee’s module.
- It doesn’t include library module.
And the system is going to be standalone due to inadequate of internet equipment in the school. Hence the software can only be installed on the desktop computer of each classes for the use of the form masters/mistresses.
The proposed system shall exploit the principles of software engineering through use of available materials as well as interviews and some textbooks as sources of data. The programming language to be used is Visual Basic.NETfor the front end and Microsoft Access for the back end.