This research work is establish theoretical and empirical basis that show that impact of marketing communication on the sale of consumer goods and the endurance to effective communication. In the marketing with particular reference to Nigerian the significance, the scope and the limitation of the study. The theoretical review supports applying analysis techniques based on structural equation models to confirm empirically the relationship between marketing communication effort and the dimension of sale of consumer goods. Marketing firms and departments use communication to target specific groups of consumers and influence them into buying a particular product. Beyond word of mouth, companies use advertisement sales personal to communicate to target markets and attempts to influence them into purchasing products. In fact, without effective marketing communication on the sale of consumer goods the consumer remain unaware of products and services they need, who might supply them and the benefit which both product and suppliers can offer. Moreover, it is impossible to develop effective and efficient marketing systems without first establishing channels of communication.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The impact of marketing communication on the sale of consumer goods cannot be over emphasizes in the major activities which affects the achievement of organizational goals and objectives. Some firms failed in the beer making industries due to the fact that they have neglected the communication aspect of promotional tools and because they are unable to retrieve the avenue created by communication network.
Nigeria breweries Plc could be described as the pioneer in the indigenous beer making firm in the country. It was established and corporate in November 1964 about fifty five years of excellent growth portrays the company as international, giant among her counter parts. It was the “STAR LARGER BEER” which has to complete with the trends well organized and widely accepted incorporated brand of beers, therefore the competitive positing brought about the fast heading changes and improvement in the quality so as find its position in the market as a time when consequential impact was a surprise but the international recognition and reputation of the indigenous premier brewery (Nigeria Breweries Plc) and the leadership in 1960. The reputation of the company owe manufactured through act in participation sponsoring a given financial aids to important events in the country.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
There are some factors that hinders effective marketing communication in Nigeria breweries Plc. They are;
- Lack of communication network.
- Customers need a good education about the product.
- Language problems
- Problem of distribution channel
- Problem of distribution channel
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
- To study the present distribution of most producers of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- To find out the level of customers
- To find out whether the company provides enough warehousing facilities.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study would clarity the importance of marketing communication on the sale of consumer goods and to the case study in particular Nigeria Breweries Plc Iganumu, Lagos state.
The study will help;
- The organization to know the importance of marketing communication.
- Students to have knowledge in the marketing communication as relevant promoting and achieving of organizational aims and objectives.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- Do you think that effective marketing communication can influence the company’s productivity?
- How often do consumers buy goods from the company?
- Is marketing communication the only significant way of persuading consumers to purchase a particular brand of product?
- Does effective marketing communication help a product in company effectively with other similar products?
- Does sales promotional devices influence the acceptance of consumer goods?
- Do you think corporate image influence the impact of marketing communication in the marketing?
- Is there any hindrance to successful accomplishment of effective communication in Nigeria breweries Plc.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work world cover the extent of the impact of marketing communication on the sale of consumer goods in Nigeria Plc Iganumu Lagos state effort has been made to understand the management and corporate function on performance of the company relating to the communication process introduced in the systems of operations.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Marketing communication: is controlled integrated and planned to prospective target and unit a phasing need satisfying attributes of the products towards the aim of faulting sales and this contributing to long run profit performance.
It is an attempt by marketing to inform, persuade and influence potential buyers of a product in order to elicit a response.